Marshmallows are yummy, but they are probably one of the unhealthiest foods with about half the weight from sugar, or often most of it being sugar. A treat every now and then is fine, but wouldn't it be nice to have a treat that is also healthy? So here is my healthy version of a marshmallow.
1) 1/2 cup melted cocoa butter
2) 1/2 cup psyllium husk (you can go to Amazon and order the powder)
3) 1 cup shredded cauliflower
4) 1/2 cup monkfruit powder or stevia powder
5) 2 Tbsp vanilla powder
6) 4 Tbsp pea protein powder 7) 1/4 cup water
1) Melt the cocoa butter for about 3 minutes. I try to do it in the container or bowl that you mix all the other ingredients in to make things easier.
2) Add the psyllium husk to the cocoa butter.
3) Use a food processor or blender to shred the cauliflower. Add that to the mixture.
4) Add the sweetener, vanilla, and pea protein powder.
5) Add water as needed. 6) Mix all the ingredients together. You may use an egg beater, spoon, or your hands. I find using my hands is easiest. 7) Put the mixture in the fridge for about an hour or so as it will be a bit too moist at first.
8) Start shaping the mixture into marshmallows